Find out how to retrieve deleted photos on iPhone (5s/6/6s/SE/7/7 Plus/X/XS/XS MAX) by using 5 easy to follow guides. Nowadays, many situations happen to lead you to lost your photos and important data on your iPhone. Some difficult problem such as, jailbreak failed, mistakenly operation, iOS upgrade, your iPhone being stolen, damage or broken, etc. Could cause you misfortune and headache just to think of it.
If you want to retrieve the lost photos on your iPhone, I found the easiest way to do so by looking into your “recently deleted” folder in Album. FYI, this can only be done in a period of 30 days after you deleted the photos. without further ado, here is how to do it.
How to retrieve deleted photos on iPhone
- Launch the Photos app.
- Scroll down and Open’Recently Deleted’ album.
- Choose a photo you want to recover.
- Open it and make sure that is the correct photo.
- Click “Recover” to retrieve the photo.
As mentioned above, photos which recently deleted will still be kept right in your iPhone (recently deleted folder) for exact 30 days right after after initial deletion before being permanently deleted. But, these photos are actually hidden and not visible when you view photos as usual in your gallery. You may check the Album named “recently deleted” located in your photo gallery. Then, select the photos you want to recover by using the steps above. Simply by using this method, you can retrieve the deleted photos from your iPhone within only 2 minutes.
What if you have deleted your photos for over 40 days, and the file that you are looking for no longer be in “recently deleted” folder? First of all, you have to make sure that you already have a backup file. If you have ever backed up your iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, then you can retrieve deleted photos easily. But, both of these two methods can erase the existing data on your iPhone. Therefore, you need to extra careful to retrieve your lost photos by using this method. Down below I’ll show you how to recover your photo to iPhone by using iTunes/iCloud backups.
#2 Recover deleted iPhone photos from iTunes
- Connect your iPhone with your laptop.
- Select “Photos” on the left column.
- Uncheck the box of “Sync Photos” (you may see the warning message pop-up)
- Click “Remove Photos” to replace the present photos with the backups.
#3 Restore the previous backup via iTunes
- First, take the backup of your current files in your iPhone before restoring the previous backup.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- Click your device in the upper-left corner.
- Right click on your device.
- Press the “restore backup”.
- Select the most latest backup of your iPhone and proceed.
#4 Recover deleted iPhone photos from iCloud
- Go to Settings> iCloud> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings.
- Your iPhone will automatically restart.
- Wait for the restart process to finish.
- Follow the onscreen-steps until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen.
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Log-in with your ID and password.
- Select the most recent backup file.
- Confirm the restoration process.
If you feel that you don’t have any iCloud backups or iTunes backups of your iPhone, or simply your backups are out of date, then it is recommended that you must use reliable iPhone Photo Recovery software.
Therefore, you need a professional iOS data recovery software, which is extremely good at extracting and restoring photos from iTunes. I personally recommend the “Wondershare Dr.Fone” for iOS. It is indeed a good choice for you to help you recover the lost photo on your iPhone selectively using iTunes backup. Definitely, you can also recover any iPhone Message, contacts, Notes or Reminder,etc selectively. It doesn’t matter if you accidentally deleted your important files anymore. Everything will be restored by using this software.
#5 Recover photo to iPhone from iTunes backups selectively
- Open iPhone Data Recovery on your laptop.
- Click “Recover from iTunes Backup File”.
- Wait for a moment, Wondershare will start to detect all iTunes backup files on your computer.
- Pick the one containing your lost photos and click “Select” button to begin.
- Preview all the contents of your iTunes backup file.
- Mark “Photo” option on the left side.
- Click “Recover” in order to save the file on your computer.
- Transfer the file back to your iPhone.
Hope the methods above can help guided you to find your answer on how to retrieve deleted photos on iPhone. If you have any working and easy to follow method on this problem, please share with us by commenting down below.