Nowadays, Apple Company makes it convenient for it’s user to subscribe to its own services. Such as, Apple’s news+ and Apple music 2019 and also the services of other companies which operating on Apple’s platform such as HBO, Netflix, Washington Post and Hulu, etc. The problem that came out with that is, what if you decide you no longer want to subscribe to a service where you manage the subscription?
Honestly, when it come to cancelling the service it will be much more of an ordeal. There are some apps that could be easily cancelled and some are not. It just like they giving you a hard time for canceling their subscription. Fortunately, in a recent update Apple made it a lot easier to do that. Although you can still do it in the old way, but I recommend to follow the easy way first.
Before we go, there are few steps involved to cancel your subscription on your iPhone. This option though is found on the newer iPhone models and iOS. Such as iOS 11 and iOS 12. This option requires the use of app store and thanks to the new easy way that apple manage to found which can make you access all your subscriptions on your profile in app store easily. The following are the steps you might want to follow;
How to cancel subscriptions on iPhone
- Go to Setting.
- Scroll Down.
- Go to iTunes and App Store.
- Click on your Email, then Click on View Apple ID.
- Scroll Down, then Click Subscription.
- Tap the App (you want to unsubscribe)
- Find the Cancel Subscription button at the Bottom.
- Click and cancel the subscription.
There is a chance that the subscription you wanted to cancel is a free trial. In that case you will see a message of confirmation like ‘cancel free trial’, then you cancel and you are good to go.
One thing to remember is that after you cancel the subscription you will get access to it until the end of the current billing period. You might have as well been charged on the last subscription. For instance, if you cancel a service on let us say 15 of April and normally your subscription always get renewed on first of every month, then you will be able to use the same service until the start of May. This is the case in most service that you subscribe to.
The Other Way
- First you need to tap on app store app icon on your iPhone to open it.
- Then you need to click on your profile icon that is in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- After opening your profile on the app store, press on the ‘manage subscriptions’ option.
- This will open into a list that contains all of your active subscriptions and those that have expired.
- Scroll down and see the subscription that you want to cancel. Press on the service, open it and press on ‘cancel subscription’ option that is towards the bottom.
- By confirming the cancellation, the service will be cancelled and you are good to go.
Whilst on this page, you can also subscribe to services that you may desire by just clicking the desired service and the iOS will prompt you to an option of approving an apple payment. By clicking it you would have subscribed to it.
Does deleting app cancel subscription?
No, deleting the App on your iPhone won’t solve your subscription problem. Simply because, the Subscription, the data of the subscription, and the App itself are three separate things. After deleting the Apps there still be chances that you still be charge for their service. Therefore, in order to play it safe and to remove the unwanted subscription from your iPhone it is advisable for you to follow the method given above.
In conclusion for How to cancel subscriptions on iPhone article. We see that the second option is pretty easy to follow, cause it actually has been developed and made available for recent iPhone models. Also, it is a better and a fast way to cancel any subscription that you don’t want to. For those who use older iPhone models, you might want to consider the first long option of cancelling an App subscription. In the end you can try both method and find which method would suit you best. Last but not least, you might want to check the video below incase you find it hard to follow the method given above.